Answer by Lisa Groeneweg:
Quorans For A Cause blog is a facilitator.
"The facilitator's job is to support everyone to do their best thinking and practice. To do this, the facilitator encourages full participation, promotes mutual understanding and cultivates shared responsibility. By supporting everyone to do their best thinking, a facilitator enables group members to search for inclusive solutions and build sustainable agreements" – Kaner
The Quorans For A Cause blog was formed in an effort to gain support for The Tashinga Initiative, but we hope to use the blog to facilitate for other causes once we have TTI flush with funding and team members are in place to continue supporting them financially and otherwise.
Over the past weeks people have been incredibly helpful. Almost everyone we approached has agreed to become part of the team. There have been many Quorans inspired to give donations and even more have offered their help.
Of course, QFAC's efforts for The Tashinga Initiative were met with such generous support because of the popularity and goodwill built by .
We still need three team members to help with a one time TTI crowd funding project. Please message me on Quora if you could help with one of these positions.
- Crowd funding campaign manager. Should be someone who has been part of successful crowd funding campaigns with a strong understanding of how to market these campaigns online.
- PR manager. Anyone who has worked on social or non profit campaigns online would be ideal, but strong PR experience irrespective of domain will be invaluable in making sure that we are as effective as possible in getting the word out.
- Social media manager. Someone who has knowledge of platforms likethat can give a big boost to the visibility of our crowd funding site. Organize and give us a timeline of what to do when. This person can also help us creatively determine specific messages to share.
There has been a steep learning curve with this first effort. Unfortunately for Rory Young, his cause was our first and he was forced to traverse that steep grade with us. Though he has been gracious throughout the process.
In the future we hope to follow guidelines established this first time through. If a worthy cause is brought to our attention and we decide to act, the following should occur:
- The cause will be defined. A limited number of posts on the blog will describe the cause.
- Quorans that feel a connection with the cause and want to work to create solutions will be identified and their skills defined.
- Efforts needed to further the goals of the cause will be defined.
- Volunteers will be assigned to teams based on their skills; teams will be given specific tasks to complete.
- Additional volunteers will be asked to oversee and guide the teams as needed
Once the teams are settled and comfortable we can move on to the next cause.
Periodically QFAC will post updates on past causes.
Lean On Me, Bill Withers
Quora is a beautiful place for a blog to dwell. A place where people come together to support each other.